Sunday, August 7, 2016

Butterfly Love

Hi Lovelies,

I thought today I would share with you some pictures of where I craft.  Doug, the kids (sometimes) and I all share a small space, we call the office.  Just a few days ago I did a revamp of my "side".  Now it seems like we have more room and I do infact have space to use when I decide to attack the cube storage system on Doug's side.  So not looking forward to that.  It's chock full of my sewing stuff and some office stuff.  But hopefully it won't be as painful as I think.


My desk use to be in front of the window, so now it's next to Doug's desk with my old paper storage rack in the corner with my stereo on top of it.  Also when I craft my laptop just fits up there.  I'm thinking the stereo needs a new home.  Maybe on the floor  on on one of the lower shelves on the side of my desk.  I'd hate to knock off my laptop and knowing my luck that would happen.  So far my new space seems to be working.  I've told the tribe that my stuff/area is off limits.  I get sick of see about two foot of "crap" on top of my desk all the time.  Today I found fluffy dice on my trolley - thanks Bill.  I swear that girl does this to drive me crazier.  

The other day I decided that I was "wasting" way too much time on trying to find the right colour Distress Ink for my projects.  Even though I have them all right in front of me  me in the black shelving unit on my desk.  So I came up with this idea.   I have something similar on canvas that I made years ago.  But I think because it got way too much light some of the colours have faded.  It's still a pretty piece of art but not useful.  So I decided to make a new chart.  I used the Hero Arts butterfly from one of the digi kits I got years and years ago.  Printed up five pages of eight butterflies.  Yep I have nearly that many colours.  I then proceeded to colour them all in and cut them out.  I used two pieces of Bazzil "French Vanilla" which I cut into four, six inch squares.  I then used glue dots to adhere the butterflies into what I think are similar colours, wrote the colour beside each one and blue tacked them to the wall in front of my desk.  So simple & pretty.  I inked the edges of the c/s with Walnut stain just to give them a border.  I figure this was the simplest way to do display my colours and a cheap way  that lets me add to them if needed.  

Well beautiful peeps I'm off to wrangle kids, "stupid" the dog and maybe a husband if he is awake. 
Have a great day sweeties....

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

Your space looks lovely Paula. Much brighter than you old house. Great idea to your butterflies.