Friday, January 30, 2015

My first challenge entry for 2015

Hi Lovelies,

I've been a little distracted from blogging lately.  Mainly because it's so freakin' hot!  Which normally wouldn't be that bad except our air con has died. Some of the nights have been in the mid 30s C (or around 89 F) with high humidity added just to make it unbearable.

So today I decided to make a card.  Which meant I have a chance to play along with a favourite challenge blog this week - Yay!!  I decided to choose a random blog & came up with Retro Sketches.  This is the sketch I decided to follow




I decided to use scraps of patterned papers lying around on my desk to make this card.  Admittedly I'm not a fan of orange, but for some reason lately it's featured in a few of my projects.  No stamps or inks where used in the making of this card.  Now I'm sort of regretting not inking around the edges of the banners, just so you can differentiate between them.   I also added an extra butterfly to the card.

Supplies: 

Card Base
Cuttlebug
T.W.C Die - Hello 1036
Spellbinders Nestibilities - Nested Lacey Pennants
Impression Obsession Dies - Butterfly set
Memory Box - Effera Butterfly Wings 98863
                         - Rhone Butterfly Wings 98869
Studio Calico - Hey Day pattern paper pad 6"
Pebbles - Seen & Noted pattern paper pad 6"


2 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Love the papers! Very pretty!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Paula... can sympathise re the heat.. not as hot here, but still much warmer at night than we are used to...