Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch #112

Hi Lovelies,

Today I am back to share with you all the latest cards I have made for Try Stampin' on Tuesday's latest sketch.  I have made two cards & flipped the sketch for one.  I just love how versatile sketches are.



I must admit I did miss part of the sketch when I made the leaf birthday card.  I didn't see the line going down the sketch on the left of the card.  So had to scramble to make the card "right".  Unfortunately it didn't go to plan, I'm thinking I actually like the card before I added the leaves.  Oh well such is life.  I had the large leaf already stamped on some pp & decided it was just right to use for a "Guy" birthday card.  I then found a heap of scraps that I could use behind it.  I love when scraps get used, as I feel like I'm not wasting them & half the time people don't know that is what they are, which is even better.


On my second card I flipped the sketch, just for fun.  I wanted to make a kid's birthday card this time as I still don't have a lot of them at the moment.  I inked up a never before used stamp, coloured it with Copics & tried to match the balls to the colour of the banner pp.  I think that this is colour "neutral" enough that it could be for a little boy or girl.  Once again I mainly used scraps of pp to make this card.  I also added Stickles to the asterisks & balls just for fun.  I really love that sentiment as well - think I will be using it again.

Don't forget to stop by Try Stampin on Tuesday to leave some love for the other DT members.  As they do some amazing work.  Have a wonderful day everyone.

Leaf Birthday:
Kaisercraft Stamps - CS743 Jungle Bug
Hero Arts Stamps - CL272 All occasion messages
Versafine Ink - Onyx Black
Pattern Paper - Darling Dear by My Mind's Eye
Black C/S
Prisma colour pencil

Birthday Monkey:
Imaginisce Stamps - Animal Crackers Monkey
Hero Arts Stamps - CL139 Birthday Messages
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders Nestibilities - Circles
Copics: Y17, R29, E31, E33, E35, E08, BG01, BG49, C3, YG23
Momento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Black c/s
Pattern Paper - Darling Dear by My Mind's Eye, Seen & Noted by Pebbles
Frosted Lace Stickles




5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Both of these are fabulous Paula. Love the little monkey one.

Nancy Seed said...

Love both cards Paula, and I agree with Dawn the monkey one is adorable.

Sarah said...

Both of your cards are great! I love the colours you have used. I have to agree with the other ladies, the monkey card is my favourite :)

MJ said...

I too love them both. Geez I feel like I didn't do enough with all you over achiever two card makers, lol! Just kidding. They are wonderful. Love the leaves on the first and of course that monkey is too cute!

Karen said...

Both cards are wonderful. Love the little leaf border down the side of the first one, and the second, well that little monkey is so cute and love the fun papers.