Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hippy Chic B'day


Hippy Chic B'day
Originally uploaded by pajalu (Paula)

Hi everyone,

Just before I tell you all about this (gorgeous) card I want to explain something.

Our dinosaur of a computer has given up the ghost yet again. So it's off being repaired (hopefully). Which means I have been using my phone to take photos & upload them to Flickr. Because of this I haven't been able to "fix" the photos so they look like they should. Hence the crooked shot above. The other thing is I'm currently blogging my cards from Flickr & not from my blog. So not sure how that is going. Thanks for being patient with me ;o).

Hippy Chic is fast becoming one of my fav' Bugaboo digi images lately. I just love this image for some reason. I printed her out (just before my 'puter died) a few weeks ago.  Yesterday I decided to try some colour combos that I have found & pinned on Pinterest here.  I tried some of the colour combo's that Alice used on this card.  I loved the colour of Gadget girl's hair. I didn't have all the colours that Alice used so improvised & I think that it turned out well.  I also used TSOT's latest sketch here.


Thanks for stopping by today & happy crafting everyone xoxoxo


Paper: My Mind's Eye - Stella & Rose
Ivory Board (Digi image)
Inks: Onyx Black, Broken China, Tumbled Glass,
Flower & Pearls - Kaisercraft
Gold Uni-ball Singo Pen
White Uni-ball Singo Pen
Copics:
Hair: E18, E08, R05, 
Skin: E11, E00, E000, E0000
Eyes, ribbon: YG67, YG17, YG23,
Shirt & lips: V06, V04, V01
Jeans: B97, B95, B32, 
Belt & boots: E29, E27, E25, E35,
Outline: B00, B000

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

you've done a fabulous job on the hair Paula. Love that rich red colourings.
A very pretty card.

Unknown said...

Love the cards. Thanks for letting us know you are on Flickr, I will have to make sure to stop by there to see what you are up to. I always love seeing what you are up to and every time I stop by I think about doing some cards again not sure why I stopped making them but you inspire me.

Carrie

Simple homemade living said...

love the card

thank you for taking part in try stampin on Tuesday x

Alice said...

wow! amazing coloring, girl! really love her red hair and thanks for the links! beautiful card, Paula!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

I love the image! You did a great job on this card and it brings a smile to my face. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

sheila said...

What a fun card Paula...I think your coloring is fantastic and her hair looks amazing. She is such a cute image!