Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ok what would you do?


Layered Thinking
Originally uploaded by pajalu (Paula)

Hi everyone,

I was just over at my flickrstream. When I was informed by a wonderful friend that one of my cards had been used by someone else.

Now I've never had this happen to me before & it's not like the person can claim the card as theirs as I have my name on the picture & it's visible when you view the card on their site. So what do you do? I emailed the person & said the following:

Dear Sir/madam,

I am the maker of this card that you have on your site here: (I've removed the link here, not sure on the legalities).
I was made aware of this today by one of my Blogging friends. I am a little taken back that you have used my card without asking me. I know my name is on the picture, but still I would have liked to have been asked first. I don't have an issue with you using my card at all, but if you had of taken the time to email me that would have been nice.

I am awestruck that you think my card is worthy to be on your site, but next time please ask first. :D

Yours sincerely
Paula (Pajalu)

So what do you think?  Am I being to "prissy" (couldn't think of the right word) about this?  Or do you think I should have said/did something else.  Silly thing is, if the person had of asked me I would have been so happy & said yes.  I'd also probably would have done a blog entry about it & given them some more exposure (do you know what I mean?).

Well that's it for me today - Happy crafting everyone xoxoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Good on you Paula.... it's not as if they linked it back to you or gave you any credit other than copying it straight from the Flickr group.... I would do the same.

donna mikasa said...

I think you did the right thing, Paula. I don't think I would be as calm as you sound! What ever happened after this? Did they give you credit? Remove the photo? It's rather appalling to think that people do that....or am I just a bit naive?

Sheila said...

Hi Paula, I am unsure about this....could they have done it as an honor to you....I mean, without seeing the site , I am just guessing here but is it done as a homage to your card? Although, even in that case I think it would still be nice if you were asked for permission or given the heads up first. Lastly, is it a "new blogger" because, I can see someone new maybe thinking it is ok as long as they reference you.....and no, you are not being prissy at all ;-D 'cuz it is a wonderful card!

sheila said...

Hey again Paula, I just went and checked out the site....and wow! that is just wrong! Donna is right, you totally did the right thing and if I also doubt that I would be as calm sounding as you. Good response!

Alice said...

even though i have not seen the other post, i am pretty sure you did the right thing. it is always nice to be asked first and given credit. it sounded like he/she didn't even link you up and give you proper credit. it's just wrong. hope this never happens to anyone again. big hugs, my friend! =)