Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Uncle Gil

Hi there,

Bet you thought I fell of the face of the planet? ;P.  Well not quite, I've just been super busy doing mum stuff.  Lately the days have all been blurring into one, not sure what is going on there?

Well enough dribble, here is a card that I have managed to make today (in between looking after cranky bum Lils') for my uncle who will be 70 this Sunday.  So of course we are all going to get together & celecbrate :D.
I decided to make an easel card, just because I haven't made one for awhile.  I chose this paper, purely because I thought it was "blokey" (manly).  I also decided to make this a larger card it's nearly 6"x6".  I also broke out my embossing powders, hadn't used them in simply forever!

Here is a close up of the embossed areas.  I fussy cut the leaf from the paper & decided to make it a focal point on the card.  Plus the stem needed "stiffening" so it wouldn't tear off.  Embossing powders seemed the way to go.  I did a few layers on the leaf & about 5 layers of embossing powder on the 70.  Just so it looks better (to me).

Thanks for stopping by & have a great weekend & happy crafting xoxoxoxo

3 comments:

sheila said...

Hi Paula, This card looks great! Your numbers are fantastic! They look like metal....never thought of embossing as a way to "stiffen" but really great idea....will try myself.

Dawn T said...

Looks awesome Paula. I've got to do a 70th card for Monday... but mine is for a female. I do like your silver 70 so might copy that idea. Take care my friend... one year olds can be so demanding.

Alice said...

beautiful easel card, Paula! love the embossed detail, it looks so nice. wonderful work as always!