Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sew, sew, sew

Hi everyone,

Just me again & this time I don't have anything paper to share.  Instead I've stretched myself to do some sewing & boy does that feel good.  Not that I'm giving my cardmaking away.  Just having a small break from it.

When Lilly was born, I started using Em's old nappy bag (shaped like a backpack).  But soon gave up on it, as it's way to blocky & didn't fit under the pram well, as well as being unfunctional (well to me at least).  I was using an old bag that I had made ages ago.  But I was always trying to find everything in it - another not so Paula friendly bag.   So for the last two days I have been making this bag.


 As you can see it's full of pockets, both on the inside & the outside.  I even made three bottle holders on the inside which will stop my glass bottles from banging together & I will be able to access them easily & most importantly quickly. 

For this bag I did some 'net surfing to see what was out there & then decided to heck with it all & came up with my own design.  So this is a one of a kind custom made bag just for me, Lilly, Em & probably Doug ;P.  I got the materials from my quilting box.  The outside print I brought a few years ago now when I last visited my Mum in WA.  I figured this dark colour would hide the dirt really well.  The inside of the bag is in lighter colours which compliment the outside print.  I had to use two different colours inside as I didn't have enough of either colour, but I think that just adds to my bag.

I had to include a picture of Lills' as well.  The "monsta" as I affectionally call her is now trying to walk & has four teeth.  I can't believe she is 8 months old already!!!  Or as Doug is keen to point out nearly nine months old.  My, my how time flies. 
Well that's enough for this post.  I'm off to make a christmas card ;) & one or two others.  Happy crafting everyone xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Paula... you really are multi talented. I think you should have made a pattern, 'cause I think you'll probably get some orders!!!!! Great bag - totally love the colours. And I can hardly believe that Lily is almost 9months... certainly time flies by.

Barb said...

Paula, what a perfect bag. They say when you want something done right, do it yourself. Love the print with all those pretty pink flowers. That is the sweetest photo of Lily! She has such beautiful eyes! Hope you're having a good weekend! :)

Sanne said...

WOW you are one talented lady! That bag is perfect - cute picture of your daughter, too!

Unknown said...

Adorable bag, I would love to have one of them. I think great minds think a like because I have been looking at buying a sewing machine lately. I just have the urge to start sewing again. It's been so long I even gave my old sewing machine away thinking I was done with it (that's why I'm searching for a new sewing machine again) That's all I've been thinking about lately I just talked to my mom today and she is giving me her sewing machine. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Hope to see more of your sewing projects soon. - Carrie

Sally said...

Hi Paula - wow, your bag is lovely and so organized! And your selection of fabrics is wonderful - must come from your quilter's heart! Little Lily is adorable - what a lucky little girl she is to have you for her Mum! Take good care... :)

Alice said...

wow! you are soooooooo very talented, Paula!! beautiful bag and i LOVE the pretty prints! love that you designed it to fit your needs, too. that's incredible! fabulous work, girl! and awwww.... your little monster is so adorable!! =)