Tuesday, February 15, 2011

No red she said!

Hi every one,

I finally have managed to get some more cards made & even enter a challenge! How exciting is that.  Yeah I know it doesn't take much to get me excited ;).

This week's challenge at Jingle Belles is No red.  So here is my card

Not a scrap of red in sight.  I love doing these wreathes.  They can be time consuming, but they look so good.  When ever I get scraps of green c/s or pp that are too small for anything I punch out these leaves & put them into a zip lock bag.  Then I draw a circle onto the b/g paper & glue the base of the leaf to the circle outline.  I then slip the next leaf under the first & so on & so on, til the cirlce is full.  Add a few gems/pears & ta-da one wreath.

Have a great week & happy crafting xoxoxoxoxo

10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Ta-Da ... a gorgeous holiday card ... some of my favorite paper on the background ... and I love the idea of going ahead and punching from those scraps and saving them ... such a fantastic design and you could use different colors for different holidays. Thank so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

Dawn T said...

superb card Paula. Love your little wreath.

lauren bergold said...

oh what a brilliant strategy for your green scraps...thus ensuring you can ALWAYS make a gorgeous wreath at any time! and it *IS* a gorgeous wreath, indeed... (i especially love the bling pears!) ...sitting on a totally lovely holiday card! TA-DA for sure!!!!! ♥♥♥

Lisa - papergrace said...

One of MY favorite papers, too!! And how incredibly sweet is that wreath? I adore it so, very, very much! Wonderful way to use up your scraps and make a totally beautiful Christmas card, too.

Alice said...

love the pretty wreath, Paula!! such a pretty card!

Unknown said...

What a lovely card and what a great way to use up your scraps.

donna mikasa said...

What a great idea to save the leaves and create such gorgeous wreaths! Love the different colors--gives it a lot of depth! Hope you and the family are well...

Lisa said...

this is adorable! such a cute little wreath and the BG paper is perfect!

Rosemary said...

No red is hard, but I think you did marvelously. I love your idea about saving the scraps because the wreath motif is wonderful!

Alice said...

hope you had a wonderful birthday, Paula!! not sure if you see this card, but it's on its way to you!! =) have a lovely weekend, my friend!