Monday, November 22, 2010

I love Basic Grey!

Hi every one,

I have been rather "naughty" yet again Wink I brought some papers from Basic Greys newest collection Curio. I adore Basic Grey & it was so hard to limit myself to three of the papers. Luckily for me they are all double sided. So I have been making the most of them.
This card I made after completing the two following LOs. All I did was ink the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink & stamp the butterflies & message from Stamp-it. I also based the card on the same sketch I used for Doug's LO. Which made for a really easy card to do.
I really like the simple look of this LO. Which is strange since I am usually piling stuff on my cards. I guess because there is a photo involved I want to keep the focus on that instead of everything else. I have been challenging myself to include stamping on my LOs. All the stamps are from Hero Arts except the numbers which are from Kaisercraft.

This last LO is going to be a present for Doug's mum Eileen. I made this up as I went along & I surprised myself with how good it turned out. Would you believe this page only uses four different papers if you include the mat for the photo & the bazzil background. I lifted certain parts of the roses with pop dots & used double sided tape for the rest of it. I also did the same with the butterfly. I also found some lace to put underneath the photo to match the printed paper ribbon on the top. I then went through my stash & found some letter rub-ons for the title.
Well I hope that you have enjoyed today's post. I have made a heap of cards & I even remembered to photograph them so will show them in a future post. TTFN xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo








3 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Paula! It's always so good to see your layouts! I love BG papers, but I'm better at hoarding them than using them! Hope you are well. Love seeing Em & Lilly!

Dawn T said...

Love the LO's Paula. and the card is stunning... my Mum is here and she loved having a look through the blog and seeing photos of the girls.

Alice said...

i adore this new line from BG, too! and you used it beautifully, girl! beautiful designs on all three of your projects. i love the simple deign of the card and the first layout. and wow! the second layout is gorgeous! LOVE that you framed the photo with the beautiful flower image! fabulous work, Paula! i love seeing the sweet photos, too! =)