Monday, May 24, 2010

Have you missed me?

*Warning non crafty post* ;D
Hi all,

Just thought that I should try to get my act together enough to let you know about what I've been up to over the last few days/weeks? For some reason I've been mainly busy with all sorts of stuff that isn't crafting/computing related (boo hoo). I have managed to do a little bit of crafting. I was asked to make some house warming cards & Christmas tags by two mothers from the mothers' group Em & I go to. Then my dear friend Esther has finished quilting Em's quilt. So I've made the binding & sewn it down & am in the middle of finishing the binding by hand.

I did manage to squeeze in a pleasurable couple of hours with my good friend Helen this last Friday. We had a great time using my new Tim Holtz die Bird Cage, then doing some experementing with Shrinky Dink plastic. Em loves Helen & her dd, so was a little bit dissappointed when only Helen showed up but that soon changed when Helen gave Em a heap of books from her dd. Em was in heavan!!! She adores reading books & made Helen read to her.

Bug is still "cooking" but did decide that he/she needed some extra attention yesterday. I woke about 2am (isn't that always the way) with a dull back ache that wouldn't go away. So I suffered it out till about 4ish then decided to break out the hot water bottle. Which was great until it decided to spring a leak so guess who was tiptoeing around our bedroom trying to change jammies in the dark as not to wake dh ;). Then at 5am I decided I needed to have a "girly hot" shower (my dh complains that I have the water that hot he'd get 3rd degree burns). By 7am I rang the hospital to have a chat with a midwife. As I never went through a "proper" labour with Em (long story for another time). So I ended up spending all day yesterday in the hospital, which was quite restfull really. I sent Em to my parents for the day (she ended up staying the night as well) & Doug home as he'd just come off night shift & needed some sleep. It turns out I was having some contractions (very mild ones - not too painful), but my blood pressure was up. At one stage it was 160 over 100 (I suffered higher blood pressure than that when I was preggers with Em). Which is the first time in this pregnancy that I've had this problem. I think Bug wanted some of the attention that Em got whilst I was preggers with her.

We are hoping that Bug decides not to be in too much of a rush to come out. As my parents are going to Glen Innes tomorrow & will be back on Friday. It has been decided that Em will stay with them whilst I'm in hospital. Mainly because we trust them more with her than we do Doug's dad & his partner. Also Doug's dad is a lot older so there isn't much patience for a 3.5 yr old & some of her "funny" habits.

Well that's enough dribble from me for one day. Plus I've got to go check on my Pea & Ham Soup that is bubbling away upstairs ;). Have a great week ahead every one - TTFN.

7 comments:

Fika said...

Let me hug you first Paula!!! And yes I missed you!!
I think you should rest more with your pregnancy. And i hope the little one will wait patiently until the time come. Thinking of you and hugs one more time!! :)

donna mikasa said...

So good to hear from you and I'm giving you a big hug, too! I'm glad you managed to do some crafting with Helen--that's always fun! Take good care, Paula! Keep us updated if you can! HUGS!!!

Dawn T said...

Yes did miss you... but glad to hear you are looking after yourself Missy ( and Bug) You just take lots of care. Great that you managed to get some crafting time with Helen... so much more fun with a friend.

Alice said...

so happy to hear from you, Paula! sending you big hugs, girl! hope all goes well from now on. take good care. =)

Unknown said...

Paula, great to hear from you. Take care of yourself and bug. Sending you lots of hugs. Take Care.... thinking of you all.

Tracey said...

Of course we missed you!!!!Glad to hear you went to the hospital to get checked out! Hoping bug stays put till you are ready :)
Hugs,
TRace

Brenda said...

Hi Paula,
I had high blood pressure with all 3 of my pregnancies. With 3 c-sections I never had a normal labor either. Praying all goes well for you and your bug.
Brenda