Thursday, October 15, 2009

Something a little different

 
Posted by Picasa

Hi all,

Well for about the last week now I have been in a mojo slump. I have not even been anywhere near my craft desk in fact. So tonight in desperation I went through some of the blogs I have booked marked but haven't had much of a chance to get to. One of which is this blog *e* & the flickr group 52Q a year of mini art journelling. This is something that I have admired for ages but wasn't quite game enough to do. So tonight I decided that I am going to do it. I probably wont join the group so that I don't put any pressure on myself. But this is such a good way for me to try out new techniques, as the tags are smaller than cards. It also lets me use my non Hero Arts stamps & not feel guilty about it.

So tonight I tried out a few newish things for me & basically played with colours (can you tell I love blues & greens at the moment?). I have used the emboss resist, spritzing distress inks on a kraft mat & smooching the paper in it. I also tried Jennifer McGuire's latest video here at the two peas website. Which shows how to create unique backgrounds using a variety of techiques.

I also want to say a huge thank you to the lovely Anne who on her blog here shows how to customise your blogs in easy to understand instructions (& most importantly pictures) than even a techno challenged person like me can understand. Have a great night/day & happy crafting every one TTFN

8 comments:

Laura said...

I understand about not feeling the mojo. It comes and goes for me. I love the tags you created. It looks like your mojo is back.

Dawn T said...

Well done Paula. I did the same type of thing making bookmarks. Have to say I am impressed with these ATCs and tags. Dots and Flowers is such a neat background to try the distressing on.

Vanessa said...

Love these tags! They are beautiful! I can`t see any missing mojo!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Dotty Jo said...

Great tags Paula - I just love blue and green too! Jo x

Arlene said...

Love your tags. I stuck to the ATCs and a bit of journaling or almost poetry on the back for the 52 questions. I do love doing them... kind of an artistic/journaling/ crazy day thing to do...

Great start - love those tags.

Anne said...

Hi, Paula! Thanks for the sweet shout-out! Your tag is beautiful. I love the blue and green distress inks over the resists. And I love the way you did the letters and cut them out and arranged them. Fabulous! :-)

Anne said...

Hi again, Paula! Thanks for your nice comments on my sketches! :-)

Diana said...

Super great tags. Love the colors! Big giveaway over at my blog!