Saturday, August 22, 2009

One card - Two challenges


 
Posted by Picasa

Hi all,

This is my card for the latest Caardvarks challenge & the latest Card Patterns challenge. I was a little out of my comfort zone with this card. I don't normally use Hot Pink that much. This card is made using scraps. I cut the pink bazzil dot so that it measured 4 1/8" x 4 1/8" finished. I then layered on the black cardstock that I had spritzed with a mini mister of yellow ink & gold perfect pearls (you don't see the yellow but the gold looks really pretty). I then layered white dot bazzil, the smaller pink dot bazzil with a white label nestie #1. Inking Worn Lipstick distressing ink on the white. Then I stamped the flower onto the bazzil & then again onto white c/s & green c/s. The butterfly I stamped & then clear sparkle embossed, cut out & glued down. I used black kaisercraft bling to make the body & embelish the flower. I also cut out after stamping the message, which I then heat embossed with clear sparkle embossing powder. I added a pop dot behind the message.

Bazzil Dot Pink c/s
Bazzil Dot White c/s
Bazzil Black c/s
White c/s
Green c/s
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Worn Lipstick
Versafine Black Onyx
Brilliance Pigment Ink BR-34 Pearl Orchid
Prismacolor Pencils - Deco Pink, Blush Pink, Process Red
Kaisercraft Black bling
Velvet ribbon Cream
Hero Arts Clearsparkle embossing powder
Hero Arts CL272 All Occasion Messages clear stamps
Bella AC36 Impressions clear stamps
Perfect Pearls Gold
Posh Rainbow Ink Beach Ball Yellow
Thanks for visiting & any comments as they are greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend. TTFN

6 comments:

Jane said...

Love it!! so rich....love the layers!!

June Houck said...

Paula, love your flower image. It is fun and whimsical. I'll bet it is even prettier in real life!

lauren bergold said...

i'm sorry did you say "out of your comfort zone"??!?! b/c looking at this card, missus, NO ONE would ever guess: it's fun, it's funky, it's totally FAB in fact! i kinda think hot pink suits you! :)

(ps: i am honored that you've come out of lurkdom, so i can come & visit you back! xolb)

SmilynStef said...

Love the sentiment placement with that very pretty flower and butterfly ... absolutely lovely.

Dotty Jo said...

Paula, this is a lovely card - perhaps you should do 'hot pink' more often! Jo x

Michelle Giraud said...

What a great entry for the Caardvarks challenge!! Love the pretty flower and butterfly.