Sunday, August 23, 2009

A card for my sister.



Hi all,

I have been totally inspired by the lovely Dawn & her two cards here & here to make this card for my sister. I decided to use up more of my scraps from my last card. I've had this butterfly set from http://www.stampit.com.au/view/home/ for at least a year now but very rarely get it out & play with it. Although of late I have been geting better at spreading the love amongst my stamps.

This is such a simple card to make. All I did was heat emboss the flourish in white on the black c/s down the open edge. Then I layered the pink rectangle on the non embossed side, then I stamped the butterflies & message directly onto the pink dot c/s. The ribbon is placed on the pink edge & folded over to the back. Where I covered it up by placing another piec of pink c/s that I had scalloped with my threading water punch. I also stamped the butterfly image onto white c/s & then cut out the largest butterfly & glued the body down & curled up the wings. I placed some kasiercraft black bling down as well. On the inside I stamped the butterfly image in Memories white onto black c/s after layering it onto white c/s. I inked the edges of the white c/s in Tim Holtz Distress ink Worn Lipstick.

Black C/stock
Pink Bazzil Dot C/stock
White C/stock
Memories White ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Worn Lipstick
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Versamark Embossing Ink
Velvet cream ribbon
Kaisercraft black bling
White Embossing Powder
Stamp-it Siset010
Hero Arts Cl272 All Occasion Messages
As always thank you for visiting & commenting. One day I will learn how to leave a nice message in my comment section for you all :D. TTFN

14 comments:

Vanessa said...

OH, Paula, this is adorable!!! Love everything about this card! Great to see the beautiful inside, too! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, I so much appreciate it!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Dawn T said...

Paula.... Thank you for linking my cards.... this is so lovely - I THINK it is much better than mine... all that lovely HOT PINK.... just love the inside of your card. I usually forget about the insides....

Julie said...

love this card paula

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous card ... love the contrast of the white flourish.

June Houck said...

Another lovely card, Paula! I saw Dawn's card earlier this morning; it is a beautiful card and very inspiring. You totally made it your own.

By the way, I adore your blog wall paper :)

Jane said...

just beautiful!

Lucy Abrams said...

Oooh - this is totally beautiful. What a stunning card Paula.

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty Paula...just Love your card and design!!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow♥WOW♥wow!!!
paula, this is MAGNIFICENT!!!
note to self: white embossing on black is easily 10 times more dramatic than the reverse...butterfly flourishes *ROCK*...using the scalloppy edge punch right on the edge is brilliant!!! :)

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card! Great use of these wonderful colours and how lovely are those butterflies! Jo x

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous, inside and out. The stamp is fabulous.

Diana said...

This is lovely Paula

Michelle Giraud said...

This is so prety with all the butterflies. What a great entry for the Caardvarks challenge!!

Anne said...

Hi, Paula! Gorgeous card! Love it! At the top of your Blogger, click Customize. Then click the Settings tab. In the row underneath the tabs, select Comments. Scroll down to the box that says "Comment Form Message". That's where you can personalize a message to those leaving comments! Good luck! :-)